Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Element of Traveling - Part 2


As a spin-off to my last post, the Element of Traveling, this post features a song lyrics travel quiz. The quiz consists of 20 snippets of popular songs from the 60s on, a few older, each of which contains the name of a country, state or city, with the name deliberately left blank.

Test your memory.

See how many of the blanks you can fill, and how many of the tunes you can remember.

Hope you have fun doing it.

Here we go...

Song Lyrics Travel Quiz:

Fill in the blanks with the correct city, state or country.

1.     If you are going to ……, be sure to wear flowers in your hair.

2.     Oh to be in …….drinking……..beer

3.     Don’t cry for me,……….

4.     This land is my land, this land is your land, from…………to the ……highlands

5.     There is a house in ……., they call it the Rising Sun

6.     By the rivers of …….Where he sat down
And there he wept when he remembered Zion

7.     Viva ……….

8.     I left my heart in …….

9.     Rocky Mountain High, ……….

10.    All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray. / I've been for a walk on a winter's day. / I'd be safe and warm if I was in L.A.; / ……..dreamin' on such a winter's day.

11.    Born in the ……

12.    By the time we got to …we were half a million strong
And everywhere there was song and celebration

13.    Well, I'm a standing on a corner
in ……
and such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed
Ford slowin' down to take a look at me
Come on, baby, don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet love is
gonna save me

14.    Almost heaven, …….., Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River...

15.    Do you know the way to…….?

16.    Doesn't like crap games with barons or earls
Won't go to …… in ermine and pearls
Won't dish the dirt with the rest of the girls
That's why the lady is a tramp

17.    Oh Suzanna! Don't you cry for me--cause I come from …….. with a banjo on my knee.

18.    It never rains in ………..

19.    Carry me back to old…………

20.    Then I'm walking in ……..
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in ……..
But do I really feel the way I feel?
Hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane. What's your favorite song about a country, state or city? Take a few moments to pick one, and then sing a few lines of it today. Music is a great way to travel.
As always thanks for reading and have a great day and week….M….a Pearl Seeker like you.  Thanks to Ajay, Audrey, David and Rosie for their comments and compliments on my last post, and thanks to the rest of you for your likes, pins and votes. Much appreciated. P.S.  If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy an earlier post Family Songs.

2 comments:

anonymous said...

Minoo here we go,

https://youtu.be/vYK9iCRb7S4

How about Freedom come Freedom go?

https://youtu.be/CXOpO8Oyd1A

Thanking you for all the posts.
Loving you soooo much!
Aarathi.

Unknown said...

Nostalgia revisited!!! Thanks for this post!!!!
Ajay