Sunday, December 31, 2023

Hello Inner Lion, Nice to See You


I was a shy, scared, and sensitive child.

Truly, the mouse of the family, it was quite wild

Minoo Mouse all the way

Minoo Mouse all the day.

__

I read a lot of books

But I was tongue-tied

When people visited our house

I would run away and hide.

__

Shake their hands

And slink away

As fast as I could

You couldn't coax me to stay.

__

Diwali brought on terrible fears

I would close my eyes, and plug my ears

I would only hold sparklers at the end of a stick

For being a scaredy cat, I couldn’t be licked.

__

There was no change, when I came of dating age

I headed straight for the dance floor, to keep my shyness out of gaze

Dancing and dancing, I got away with saying few words

Minoo, call that dating? I know, it was absurd!

__

I had a catalog of fears, some small, some great

Injections were one of them  - you can't even contemplate

I once scaled a tree, and jumped over a high wall

So the visiting vaccination nurse couldn’t get me, 

Couldn’t get me at all!

__

Omg - does the story get worse?

Was Minoo doomed to a lifelong curse?

Or was she able to cut the Chicken Little cord?

Good news! Good news!

Sparklers At The End of a Stick Minoo grew into the lion that roared.

__

Mentally strong enough to buck traditions

Such as a college education, without contrition

Dropping out in her very first year

Using a talent for words to write Deccan Herald middles, and get into the advertising sphere.

__

Yes, yes, yes, and there’s more.

About how Sparklers At The End of a Stick Minoo grew into the lion that roared.

__

Entered a disco competition, and took home a 2nd prize

Landed on her feet, quitting 5 jobs in her life

Started Purple Patch, her own little advertising shop

Moved to America, learned to cook, drive, look after a baby, become a Commissions Analyst, and start again from nought.

__

And so, my friend, here we are today

With Sparklers At The End of a Stick Minoo having come a long way

And it may be a miracle, but this much is true

Minoo Mouse was able to keep going, once she was able to say, “Hello Inner Lion, Nice To See You”.

__

Minoo Mouse was able to keep going once she was able to say, “Hello Inner Lion, Nice To See You”.

__

Dear friend, have you said hello to your Inner Lion, or not just yet?

Well, a brand new year is ahead of you, so get ready, get set

Let the New Year see you do some wonderful new things you want to do

Let the New Year find you saying, “Hello Inner Lion, Nice to See You”.

__

Let the New Year see you do some wonderful new things you want to do.

Let the New Year find you saying, “Hello Inner Lion, Nice to See You”.

Yay!

__

Let the New Year see you do some wonderful new things you want to do.

Let the New Year find you saying, “Hello Inner Lion, Nice to See You”.

Yay!

__



Happy New Year.

From Sparklers At The End of a Stick Minoo, who turned into the mouse that roared.

All my love.  Hope you have a vibrant and unforgettable 2024. Make it so. Make it so. If you do one unforgettable thing, that's plenty.

No comments: