Sunday, March 18, 2018

Peace by Peter Duncan

It gives me great pleasure to publish a guest post from the pen of a budding young writer, Peter Duncan. Peter is the son of my good friends Krysia and John. He currently attends middle school. He wrote this poem on peace a few years ago, as a school assignment...
Peace lives in the rushing waterfall that is falling down like raindrops
Peace lives in the evergreen leaves that fall down like snowflakes
Please lives in the clear blue sky that is reflecting its reflection back at you
Peace lives in the huge trees that are tall like giants

Peace lives in the moments when I first opened my eyes and saw my parents’ faces
Peace lives in the moments when I went to school for the first day of kindergarten.
Peace lives in the moments when I turned 9
Peace lives in the moments when I go to sleep

Peace lives in the moments when my family and I are all together

Peter Duncan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely, sparkling poem from Peter!
Ajay