Sunday, March 4, 2018

A Fond Farewell to Our Sister Angie


Angela, when she was making waves on the poetry scene in Madison, WI
Yesterday, we sailed from Clipper Yacht Harbor in Sausalito, in a boat called the Blue Runner.


Our boat carried precious cargo….the ashes of my sister Angie.

We sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge, and across the Pacific to Angel Island.

From the two speakers on the boat, emanated Angie’s favorite songs - thanks to a playlist that Tanita had created for us, based on suggestions from everyone.

To the strains of I’m A BelieverWhere Have All the Flowers GoneBesame MuchoCandle in the WindYesterdayMrs. Robinson, and more, we exchanged memories of our beloved Angie.

When we reached Angel Island, the skipper cut the motor.

It was time.

We turned off the music.

We read our tearful tributes.

Then we leaned over the stern of the boat, and scattered flower petals into the ocean.

After that, we each took turns to throw Angie’s ashes into the ocean.

Then, all of us threw flower petals into the ocean again.

The skipper started up the motor to take us back to the Clipper Yacht Harbor shore.

Our farewell to our beloved sister Angie, who, of all of us siblings, had made the most extraordinary choices, and lived the most extraordinary life, was complete.

RIP Angie.  Till Heaven Reunites Us.

I would like to share with readers, one of the beautiful and moving tributes that was read yesterday.  It was written by my sister Rosie:
Angela
You were called by your maker on Jan 18th.
I felt a deep pang of sorrow within me.
I looked up into the heavens and blew you a kiss.
You looked down on me, whispering you were happy to be going home.
I tried to reach out and bring you back to earth.
You gently touched my head and reassured me you were alright.
I was in deep dismay, clinging on to all the happy times we had spent together.
I tried to pull you back as you were moving upwards to heaven.
I called out to you.
You gently bent your head, telling me your time had come and you had to leave.
I burst into tears and began to sob.
You lifted my head and touched my cheek, and said be strong for your siblings.
The angels welcomed you into heaven and I let go.
The sky, from being dark and dreary, was now clear and beautiful.
The birds chirped.
I realized you were no more.
I saw your corpse and noticed you were cold and pale.
I wiped the tears from your eyes.
I was finally in acceptance that you were no more.

4 comments:

Sarandipity said...

How very beautiful your farewell to your sister. Thank you for sharing.
Big hug from Anita Saran

Sarandipity said...

A very beautiful farewell to your talented sister. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

A very moving tribute...RIP Angela...
Ajay

anonymous said...

May your sister's soul Rest In Peace!

My deepest condolences to you and your family, dear Minoo!

'Yesterday' is my favourite too.

https://youtu.be/2uneYz201p0

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone."
-Mitch Albom

Aarathi