Sunday, August 25, 2019

How Do I Figure Out Who I Really Am?

Some ways to do this are through the following:
Myers Briggs
Birkman
Clifton Strengths
They are well known assessment products.
You will need to pay to get those assessments done.
If you don’t want to open your wallet, there are some free personality tests available online.
Such as the one available on 16 personalities.
Sometimes, just giving yourself some quiet time and staying with the thought, “who am I?” will do the trick.
One final suggestion.
Who are the people you know whose opinions you trust?
I would take them out for coffee, and tell them in advance you plan to pick their brain on your future direction.
Over coffee (which of course you pay for), you share that you are trying to figure out who you are.
Invite them to share their thoughts and suggestions about you, as well as the advice they have for you.
This is sure to turn up some unknown treasure.
I found out I am good at internet search thanks to a friend’s suggestion.
Tip - if you go the coffee route, you must respect the time of the person you are meeting with - only take as much time as you have agreed on in advance. If you are not able to do that, then, clearly one of the things you are is “a nuisance”. No need for an assessment for me to tell you that.

No comments: