Sunday, March 28, 2021

I Need The Breeze


I need the breeze

Even though it makes me sneeze

Achoo Achoo Achoo

I need the sun

Even though I sometimes feel like a toast well done

Crackle Crackle Crackle

I need the trees

Even if I have to walk on wet leaves

Scrunch Scrunch Scrunch

I need the air

Even though it buzzes with insects that dare

Buzz Buzz Buzz

 〰

I need the night

Even though the darkness is a fright

Ttu-whit tu-whoo Tu-whit tu-whoo! Boo

I need the showers

Even though my shoes get squishy, and I am splashed on by cars

Squish Squish Squish. Splash Splash Splash 

I need the sky

Even though the thunder and lightning make me want to run and hide

Boom Crash. Boom Crash. Boom Crash

I need the dirt roads

Even if I have to say hello to lizards and leeches and toads

Creep Creep. Crawl Crawl. Croak Croak 

I need the hills

Even though they sometimes make me huff and puff till I am ill

Huff and Puff. Huff and Puff. Huff and Puff

I need the sand

Even though it’s hard to walk on it, and sometimes even to stand

Pludunk Pludunk Pludunk. Pant Pant Pant

I need the ocean

Even though the waves make such a commotion 

Crash Bang. Crash Bang. Crash Bang

I need the earth and all its creatures

Even though some of them have scary features

Slither Slither Slither. Snarl Snarl.  Hiss. Roar

Yes, I need all of it

And if any of those things were not there

My life wouldn't be the same

So I’d have to get on a rocket and find another planet somewhere

Where I could find the very same things!

 〰

So I make a heart with my fingers

To love it all through and through

But oh no, there’s that breeze again

Achoo Achoo Achoo!

No comments: