Sunday, March 7, 2021

"I'm Done"


Don’t underestimate the significance

Of saying the words "I am done"

The biggest changes are about to happen

When your current situation has seemingly had its run.


When you say you are over something

The wind begins to shift

And you sail towards the big wide open

And no longer idly just drift.


A new horizon beckons

One that is scary and unknown

Keep steering towards it, in spite of your fears

Because of the possibilities that might be sown.


No matter if a job or relationship problem causes it

Or a lifestyle, or living arrangement for which you don't care

Saying "I am done" signals you have acquired the confidence and hope

To believe something better is out there.


In this respect, "I am done" is a terrific tool

To make a change in your life

"I am done" says your plans for the future

Are to thrive, not just to survive.


"I am done" often includes giving up

Familiar jobs, places and things

But giving up those jobs, places and things, is worth it

For the vitality and agency it will bring.


Yes, saying and acting on "I am done" is powerful

In fact, it’s how many big ideas and actions are propelled

If you talk to successful, happy, and well-adjusted people

This is the story many will tell.


You see, "I'm done" is not just a declaration

But an intention, and a leap of faith

Powerful movements happen in our lives.

When we declare we are ready for a change of state.


So, don't be afraid to say "I am done", dear reader

Though your mind be full of anxiousness and doubt.

For in many situations, it just so happens

The way forward is the way out.

No comments: