Sunday, May 5, 2024

"Hmm, What Can I Do With This?"


Creative people derive the most satisfaction from creating. So they consume experiences and content, with one eye on the experiences and content, and another eye on what they might create, based on the experiences and content. I will give you an example. Early in my blogging years, I came across some Big Bang Theory conversations on IMDB, and I went, “hmm, what can I do with this?” What I was able to do with it, was to create a series of blog posts, based on conversations between Sheldon Cooper and Penny. The 6 posts were fun to write. Or, "so fun", as my daughter will say. Here's one of them. Here’s another example: Early in my blogging days and early in Twitter days, I thought about the fact that Twitter was named for the sound that birds make, and I went, “hmm, what can I do with this?” What came out of that thought, was a series of blog posts, each written as a letter from a sparrow to the CEO of Twitter, protesting the use (misappropriation 😉), of the name Twitter. The 6 or 7 letters were a hoot to write. Here's one of those letters, now a blast from the past, with Elon Musk owning Twitter, and Twitter no longer called Twitter, anymore. So if you want to be creative, here's my advice...
When you see something, or hear something, or read something, or feel something, or find yourself with some stuff, ingredients, or materials, say to yourself, “hmm, what can I do with this?” And soon, you will be on your way to creating something fun and new. Happy Creating!

No comments: