Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Question Which Must Be Answered

Recently,  I received a question (or should I say volley of questions) from a reader I like to call A to the Power of 4.

The questions were all directed at finding out more specifics about the style of “nightdress” referred to in my post The Nightdress Brigade and the St. Joseph’s High School Trip.


P.S. The FBI, the Secret Service and McKinsey Consulting may want to take note.  A to the Power of 4 sure knows how to deliver an MECE (Mutually Exclusive, Collectively Exhaustive) list of questions.

The full text of Agent A4's "nightdress" interrogation is below:

A to the Power of 4 (via a comment on my post):  

"May I know the pattern of the nightdress?

More than the chase, the dress you wore has made me break my head.

Bengalooru has seen mothers drop their kids to school in their nighties.  

Women shopping in the neighborhood in their nighties.

Was it a pair of pajamas and short tunic?

Long sarong?

Satin long skirt with a satin shrug?

Long or short camisole set?

Nightgown?

Kaftan?

Nowadays, a salwar kurtha without a duppata or any dress I wear at home other than a saree is referred to as a nightdress by my kith and kin (foreign citizens). They ask me "why have you posed in your nightdress?

So, dear Minoo tell me the model of your nightdress..."

After a fair deal of Googling on my part and give or take 10-12 inches in length, I have an approximate answer for Agent A to the Power of 4 as to what the daring duo wore in their first escapade.

                                    NB Regulation Threads
                                    



P.S. Speaking of female detectives and agents and women superheroes, do you have any favorites? A list of author Anne Holt's favorite female detectives to get you thinking.

P.S.2: If your favorite thing to do is to chill out in your pjs (or pajamas and a tunic, long sarong, satin long skirt with a satin shrug, long or short camisole set, nightgown, kaftan, salwar kurtha without a duppata) wishing you a year full of such times.

P.S. 3: As always, thanks for reading and do visit again. Hmmm....wouldn't it be nice if your favorite thing to do is to chill out in your pjs and read Minoo Jha Life Strategies. :):):)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minoo,
you may not believe me if i tell you that i had a navy blue
nightie with tiny white dots on it, somewhat similar to the one you have shown in the post.
My favorite characters are FBI agents Scully and Mulder from X-Files.
I admired the drawings in Modesty Baise comic strip.I found them easy to reproduce....
Its always fun to read Minoo Jha's Blog.....

Anonymous said...

PS:Thank you for the same.