Sunday, June 2, 2013

The United States of Friendship - Friend Jeopardy - Part 2



Taken from the Let's Share Asian Food Pinterest Board

Diabetic Idli

Take

1 cup chopped cabbage
1 cup urad dal (split black lentils)
1 cup moong dal (split green gram)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
3 finely chopped green chillies
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
8 to 10 curry leaves (kadi patta)
Salt to taste

Process 

      Clean, wash and soak the dals in enough water for 4 hours.
In a mixer….
Blend the dals with green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, asafoetida,
chilli powder
Add the cabbage, mix well and cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
Add 2 tsp oil and mix well.
Grease the idli moulds and pour a spoonful of batter in each mould.
Steam in an idli steamer for 15 minutes or till they are cooked.
Serve hot with chutney or sambhar.
Say cheers to the good health of your friends and dive in.

The United States of Friendship – Friend Jeopardy - Part 2

In previous posts, I've told you about talking taste buds.  I've told you about the strange orange-eating creature I encountered on a train platform. I've told you about being interviewed by a famous feminist from the past. And in my last post, I told you about being invited to go on a special show called Friend Jeopardy with Alex Trebek, after dropping one of my shoes at the Pruneyard.  

When I went on the Friend Jeopardy show, I had to answer many different questions about my friends to beat the other two contestants and be declared the winner. The prize was a check marked “2000 years of Friendship”. I couldn’t have asked for more.

I answered several different interesting questions, the answers ranging from Avon Walk to Pesarattu to Therapist to Mother. I couldn’t cover all of the questions in the last post and proposed a second Friend Jeopardy post. Here are some of the other questions I solved that day:

Alex: “Your friend Nadya would make a good Las Vegas impersonator of which jolly fellow who happens to be Rudolph's boss?”

The board read _A_T_   C_ A _ S.

I solved it with the letters u,n,a,s,l.

Alex: “Juliette Gordon would have been pleased with how your friend Brenda did her job as a what?”

The board read   G _   _ L _ / S _ O _ T _ / L _ _ D _ R.

I solved it with the letters c,e,e,a,u,s,s,r,i.

Alex: “Your friend Ruth would take Tanita and her daughter to see games in which one of the players for the San Jose team was whom?”

The board read P_T_I_K /   M_ _LE_ _.

I solved it with the letters r,a,a,a,c,r,u.

Alex: “You went to see which blockbuster Aamir Khan Hindi movie together with Sharon?”

The board read 3 _D_O_S.

I solved it with the letters t, i, i.

Alex: “Your friend Lakshmi helped raise money for scholarships to this college in Bangalore which is the fifth oldest engineering college in India and was established in 1917?”

The board read   _ V_.

I solved it with the letters c, u.

Alex: Your friend Ramani told you about which diabetes test?

The board read _1_.

I solved it with the letters c, a.

Alex: Your friend Majella and you recently discussed how you could automate commissions for White Hat Security with what?

The board read M_C_O_.

I solved it with the letters s,a,r.

Alex: When you were appointed as a criminal grand juror, your friend Cindy had you watch which comedy movie?

The board read:  _ U _ _ /  D _ T _.

I solved it with the letters r, y, y, j, u.

Alex: The first birthday of your friend Chandrika's son was celebrated at which popular Indian restaurant?

The board read: _ O M _ A Y / G_R_E_

I solved it with the letters n,b,b,d,a

Alex: Your friend Becky told you that she and her brothers spent every summer doing what?

The board read: _L_ C_  _ NG / B _RR _ E _.

I solved it with the letters, p, i, i, e, s, k, u.

These were some of the other questions which carried me to victory on Friend Jeopardy. I am grateful to Friend Jeopardy for reminding me of all the wonderful experiences and memories my friendship with different friends has brought me over the years. And I am grateful to my friends.  My life would not have been so full, or so meaningful without them.


Dear Reader – thanks for coming along with me on Friend Jeopardy Part 1 and Friend Jeopardy Part 2, a very special edition of the United States of Friendship. Here are the answers to the Friend Jeopardy questions in this post in case you weren’t able to figure them out:  SANTA CLAUS, GIRLS SCOUTS LEADER, PATRICK MARLEAU, 3 IDIOTS, UVC, A1C, MACROS, JURY DUTY, BOMBAY GARDEN, PLUCKING BERRIES.  Look for the concluding post to the United States of Friendship series next week.........M.....a Pearl Seeker like you.

No comments: