Sunday, May 12, 2019

Memorable Moments of Motherhood - What's Yours?


I will get the ball rolling with one of my memorable moments of motherhood...
When Tanita was a toddler, one of the first words she learned was “Mine.”
If any other child came near one of her toys, or possessions, she would say “Mine.”
She said it a lot - at the daycare, at the library, when we were visiting friends who had young children.
One day, when we were in bed, getting ready for me to tell her a bedtime story, I hugged her and said, “Mine.”
She gave a wide and delighted smile. She knew exactly what I meant.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers I am privileged to know and too, all the mothers, I will be privileged to know in the future.

Indu-bee's Memorable Moment of Motherhood with Kanishkaa next...

My Moment: I gave his sister's Barbie Doll to my son Kanishkaa ( he was 2 then, car obsessed) to distract him, saying enough of cars cars cars. 10 minutes later I could hear that he was back to playing with his cars again, judging by the car-sounds he was making. I peeped from the kitchen-- to see that he was on the ground, pushing Barbie along, making those 'vroooom' car sounds!! Unstereotyping was an epic fail.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


Rad's Memorable Moment of Motherhood with Nikhil next...


When he was 8 or 9 Nikhil made me a Valentine which read:”Mom you are my bigest love’ with the mandatory mom and son stick figures festooned with hearts.! Needless to say I treasured it for years. When he was 16 I brought this card out thinking we could share an ‘awww!’ moment. Red faced he snatched it from my hand and ripped it to bits. Sigh! Motherhood aint no Hallmark card! Just saying.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Brenda's Memorable Moment of Motherhood with Alissa next...

I was on the phone one day when Alissa Nicole was about 8 years old. She had been taught that when I am on the phone, she wasn't supposed to interrupt my conversation unless it was really important.
She also knew my conversations could run quite long. So I am chatting with my friend and the call waiting signal beeps on the house phone. The phone was a corded type with no caller ID feature, so after a few beeps I told my friend " hold on, someone is on the other line" I click over to answer it and I say "Hello?" and a tiny voice on the other end says "Mom?"
I said "Alissa?"
I look up and see Alissa standing in her father's office. She was calling from his desk phone.
I asked her "Why did you call me on your Dad's phone?"
She said
"Because I wanted a snack, but you said not to come in the kitchen and interrupt your conversation."
At that moment,
I had to laugh and then I thought to myself Damn this kid is pretty cleverπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Brenda's Memorable Moment of Motherhood with Kristiara to cap this series...

I will share a story about Kristiara as well. One day my brother was over our house and he wanted to tease Kristiara so he told her that her Daddy was rich. She ignored him and continued playing with her toys. Then he told her "your daddy is rich, your daddy is Mr. Moneybags". Kristiara stood up, turned to him, made an angry face and in her meanest 4 year old voice told him "My Daddy is not Mr. Monkey Bags!" We laughed pretty hard and from then on whenever we referred to Ernie and money, we always called him Mr. Monkey BagsπŸ™ˆπŸ™ŠπŸ™‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

P.S. Would love to add your memorable moments of motherhood to this list.  Send me your memorable moment of motherhood, and I will add it. Memorable moment of fatherhood as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awsome, Minoo! Heart warming!