Sunday, October 4, 2020

I Said Goodbye To Fear and Fury

 


I said goodbye to fear and fury

When I started to meditate

Something changed inside me

I knew I'd never be the same.

 

I became less afraid of saying things

I became as you would say less pc

The reason why I did this

Is I began to trust both myself and humanity.

 

I trusted myself to say things

And to learn if I was right or wrong

I wanted to keep only my good ideas and judgments

And to my bad and terrible ideas, say so long.

 

Meditation made me more mindful

Able to deal with situations with compassion instead of rage and alarm

Even if a careless or angry word or two escaped my lips

I was quickly able to replace this with caring, understanding, peace offerings, and calm.

 

I have started getting upset for briefer and briefer spells

And occasions are rare when I become intensely overwrought

I am able to deal with criticisms and disappointments much better

I am able to get unstuck from sad, bitter, angry, and unforgiving thoughts.

 

So if you want to say goodbye to fear and fury

And if you want to give the fretter, fumer, and worrier a rest

My advice is to start praying or meditating

Meditation and prayer will help you do that best.

 

It will stop you from alternating between fear, sadness, worry, and fury

You will second guess yourself and others less

You will find your center of peace, trust, and compassion quickly

And stay calm even in times of unkindness, uncertainty, and stress.

 

I said goodbye to fear and fury

And I have never been the same

Meditation helped me break out of habits and reflexes accumulated over a lifetime

That used to keep me in anger, worry, and pain.

 

Do you want to say goodbye to fear and fury?

Yes? Then, this much is plain

Start praying or meditating regularly

And you will cause (as well as be caused) less fear,anger, and pain.

 

Dear Reader, prayer and meditation have a marvelous capacity to move our spirits, and transform us from the inside out.  They have done for me what nothing else could do. Use the powerful tools of prayer or meditation to improve the quality of your emotional life and your relationships.

No comments: