Sunday, January 3, 2021

My Time

 


My time to walk the roads my ancestors walked and some new ones

My time to stumble along the way and get up when I fall

My time to learn that every day is a new day

My time to learn to listen for the right call.

 

My time to learn what to say yes to and no to

My time to learn how to work and how to play

My time to learn when something is worth pursuing

My time to learn when to call it a day.

 

My time to learn how to deal with problems

My time to learn when to use my voice

My time to learn how to make a judgment

My time to learn how to exercise a choice.

 

My time to learn which opportunities to take

My time to learn which are better passed on

My time to learn when to dig in my heels

My time to learn when I should move on.

 

My time to know when and what to disagree on

My time to find the right way to do that

My time to know when to keep at it

My time to know when to throw in the hat.

 

My time to have a program and a system

My time to know the best way to spend my day

My time to fit in work and play

My time to make my ideas and energy pay.

 

My time to manage my resources

My money, my assets, and all I have got

My time to know that even though I may start with a little

I could eventually end up with a lot.

 

Yes, it's my time to walk the same roads my ancestors did

Plus some new ones as they present to me

Watch out world, here I come

Ready to seize time, and create my own destiny.

 

Dear Reader, this post is dedicated to the young and to the ever young people in my life, which includes you. I see a world full of possibilities for you – just waiting to be seized. Here’s to seizing those possibilities and making 2021 a year where you give your life (and the people in it) the best of what is within you, some of which is known, and some of which is unknown, and will excitingly surface. Just like you did so many surprising and amazing things in 2020 you never predicted you would do, 2021 is rich with promise and secret treasures. Cast your net wide for the most interesting catches. Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments: