Sunday, July 4, 2021

I Wish That I Could Always See

 


I wish that I could always see

Through the lens of eternity

So that I could think beyond ideas

Such as

This is you and that is me.


After all, what I see as me is an infinite speck

In a galaxy of 100 billion

Even where I live, I am a speck

Just one out of 328 million.


With much self-importance, I debate about this and that

Complaining about things not being the way I think they should be

A pitiful specimen I am to focus on that

Instead of being spellbound by the wonders around me.


There are so many reasons to express awe

For such an amazing, rich, and diverse life

What a fool to spend it casting this and that opinion

And creating divisions and all kinds of strife.


Life is short, I've started telling myself

And it's getting shorter with every passing day

Instead of spending it putting people and ideas down

I should use my precious time in a loving and more enlightened way.


And this is what I will try to do, dear reader

And if you see me go astray

Let me know as soon as possible.

I don't want to waste another day.

No comments: