Sunday, August 14, 2022

Oh The Places I Go


Oh the places I go

When I put on my Velvet Helmet

From Boston to Austin

From Cuba to Aruba

From Daytona to Pomona

From Nebraska to Alaska

From Tasmania to Lithuania

From Liberia to Siberia

Oh the places I go.

__


Oh the wonderful things I eat

When I put on my Velvet Helmet

Bamboo shoots and Grapefruits

Egg Yolks and Artichokes

Grapes and Crepes

Mousse and Juice

Guacamole and Cannelloni

Panini and Linguini

Pita and Fajita

Pies and Fries

Toffee and Coffee

Oh the wonderful things I eat.

__


Oh the fun things I do

When I put on my Velvet Helmet

I frolic with

Gorillas and Chinchillas

Puffins and Dolphins

Racoons and Baboons

Eagles and Beagles

Goose and Moose

Pollocks and Peacocks

Ladybugs and Slugs

Sharks and Larks

Snails and Quails

Sloths and Moths

Kangaroos and Caribou

Oh the fun things I do.

__


Oh the music and pomp I see and hear

When I put on my Velvet Helmet

Curling and Baton Twirling

The Guitar and the Sitar

Sopranos and Pianos

Violins and Mandolins

Clarinets and Duets

Minuets and Quartets

Oh the music and pomp I see and hear.

__


Oh the fun games I play with friends

When I put on my Velvet Helmet

I play Pacman and Hangman

I Zoom and I Vroom

I Hike and I Bike

I Ride and I Glide

I Throw and I Row

I play Guess Who and Kazoo

Mario kart and Sand Art

Oh the fun games I play with friends.

__

Some days are just perfect for my Velvet Helmet.

__

Dear Reader - I hope you enjoyed this piece - which was written and published for children on August 14, 2022 - International Color Book Day.

No comments: