Sunday, February 18, 2024

When A Me Becomes A We


When a me becomes a we

There's a sense of expectation

And a new energy

Which captivates you, and from which you don't want to be free.

When a me becomes a we.

When a me becomes a we.


When a me becomes a we

That's when, you may suddenly see

That a new way of thinking and living was out there, that you were blind to, previously.

When a me becomes a we.

When a me becomes a we.


When a me becomes a we

You give up being on your own, for a shared vision that feels right, feels wholesome, and feels meant to be

You feel empowered and ready

To journey together, and discover the experiences and joys of a shared reality.

When a me becomes a we.

When a me becomes a we.


When a me becomes a we

You shift from a self-focus, to caring about someone else's happiness and priorities

You are kind, you do your fair share, and make small and big sacrifices generously.

When a me becomes a we.

When a me becomes a we.


When a me becomes a we

You drop your old "Whatever" identity

And start living a life with more heft, more solidity.

When a me becomes a we.

When a me becomes a we.


When a me becomes a we

You make joint decisions, rather than acting unilaterally

You think of the other, whether it's how you spend your time, energy, resources, or money.

When a me becomes a we.

When a me becomes a we.


When a me becomes a we

You learn the meaning of empathy

And what it means to be trusted with someone's limitations, fears, pains, dreams, and vulnerabilities.

When a me becomes a we.

When a me becomes a we.


When a me becomes a we

Life takes on a new found dignity

And there's a new purpose, meaning, mission, and agency, born of your special unity.

It's a life-altering event that hints of divinity.

When a me becomes a we.

                                        ************************

Written for Valentine's Day 2024 - to celebrate all the mes who have become wes, current, past, and future.

💖

No comments: