Sunday, August 25, 2024

What are some examples of lists that you find useful?

 


Some of my current lists:

  1. Shopping list
  2. Packing list
  3. Things to do list
  4. Christmas gifts list
  5. Travel list (things I need to do for a domestic or overseas trip)
  6. List of future posts (I maintain a list of future posts, some finished and some unfinished, to publish on my Minoo Jha Life Strategies blog)
  7. List of commission analysts (I am a commissions analyst freelancer and I meet new commission analysts and sales compensation managers on every assignment. I keep a running list of their names and titles)
  8. List of health check-ups and blood and urine tests: I did not have medical insurance for 12 years, so I would make a list of health check-ups, and blood and urine tests I needed to do. Eye check ups and mammograms were on a separate overseas list.  I was able to buy the blood and urine tests in the open market through Life Extension. And I was also able to stock up on a few tests the during the Annual BloodLab Spring Sale. I had some tests such as urinalysis and CBC, ready for emergencies.
  9. Rabbit hole list: I maintain a running list of links and URLs to check out or revisit

In addition, I maintain lists for things such as:

  1. Shortlist for apartment renting
  2. Shortlist for buying a used car
  3. Shortlist for passing a smog test

and so on and so on.

I love lists of all kinds related to finance, nutrition, health, tourism, retirement, quality of life.

So note to authors:

Articles with titles like “10 happiest countries in the world”, “Top 100 universities”, “10 best places to retire”, “10 best credit card offers”, “Forbes' 100 richest men in America”, “10 foods that can reduce inflammation” are an instant draw for me!

And note to readers:

Many of my popular Quora answers are lists. Like this one:

How many boxes can you tick - How I Went From A Girlie Girl to A Strong, Independent Woman IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU STARTED, WHAT MATTERS IS WHERE YOU PLAN TO END I learned to live alone. I learned to drive. I learned to make my own decisions. I learned to manage money on my own. I learned to value myself outside of a relationship. I learned to value what was in my head and heart, over the way I looked. I changed my focus to what I did, and how I acted. I stopped measuring myself against traditional ideas of ‘feminine’ success. I stopped identifying myself with my child’s successes and failures. I started setting boundaries on what I would, and would not, accept. I stopped being passive-aggressive, and learned to speak up. I started handling more things on my own. I became more self-sufficient. I started getting involved in things I used to hand over to men. (While I do not know how to fix my car, I get fully involved with every repair – researching the facts and becoming knowledgeable – whether it’s the blend door actuator on my air-conditioner, or a rack and pinion steering issue.) I learned to take charge, and make choices which made the most financial sense, covering all the bases - my housing, my car, my taxes, my insurance, my investments, my utilities, my child’s education, my health. I learned to make my voice heard through my blog. I learned to stop second guessing myself, and beating myself up for flaws or slips. I learned to take risks. Finally, I learned it does not matter where you started. What matters more is where you plan to end. So this is my advice to you: Sit at the table. Take smart risks. Seek challenges. Pursue your goals with gusto. And know, you can do it, exactly as you are. You are enough.

No comments: