Sunday, July 22, 2012

OMG - You've Been Acked!


I thought I'd heard it all:

BTW, COB, PTO, FYI, TGIF, ASAP….

But every new assignment brings its own unique collections of alphabets which takes getting used to.

ROEs, NLRs, ORSs, KNAs, SIPs, TICs and what have you.

Initially it can be a challenge to have to deal with these new acronyms and to have to commit to memory what each of them means.

But if you're diligent, you'll soon find yourself tossing them around with your new co-workers like Frisbees.

After a while, you may GSUTI (Get So Used To It), you might find yourself considering a NFWA (Novel Filled With Acronyms).

One that’s packed with FE&A (Fun, Excitement and Adventure).

Of course, because I am an SBP (Super Busy Person) at the moment, the novel will have to wait and you will have to SFTP (Settle For This Post).

Which, I’ll have you know, is being typed by me AAFP (At A Furious Pace.)

Yes, I’ve been so TSOT (Terribly Short on Time) recently, I’ve had to belt out my posts AAFP.

Reason being, I am currently a DVTD (Daily Visitor To Dublin).

A DVTD? What's that?

Try 45MOW (45 Miles One Way).

AYTWWATEOTW! (And You Thought Whitefield Was At The End of the World!).

Ok, are you getting tired already? Is this post FYOSO (Freaking You Out Sort Of)?

Are you going - WUWM (What’s Up With Minothi?). Has she lost her marbles?

I'm JHF (Just Having Fun).

Just Trying to Make LOOL (Lemons Out of Lemonade).

Before I end this TAAN (Terrible And Abominable Nonsense), there is one last thing I HTS (Have To Say).

YBA.  (You’ve been Acked!).

P.S. AATFRADVA. As Always Thanks For Reading and Do Visit Again.

P.S. 2: DCB  AWFN (Do Come Back –A Week From Now).

P.S. 3: Phew! Thanks for letting me get that out of my system and have a great day.  Or as an acronym-happy person (or company) would say... "HAGD!"

1 comment:

Ajay said...

A novel....? can't wait to read...knowing Minoo, it should be brilliant !