Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Here



Specialty Ice-Cream Cones -one of Tanita's new achievements

Cheers to a New Year.

Cheers to a New Here.

A New Here could mean changing where you live physically.

A New Here could also mean changing where you live intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally, creatively, or vocationally.

Doing different things.

Or doing things differently.

So cheers to a New Here.

To looking at things with a fresh eye.

To changing up your routine.

To stretching your body in new ways.

To stretching your mind to new things.

To trying something completely adventurous.

To chasing a few ideas down rabbit holes.

Cheers to looking at ‘Here’ without looking back.

And because this may require courage, I was prompted to write Dare to Share and What's Next for You.

And because this may require confidence, I wrote How To Feel Good About Yourself When the Chips Are Down.

And because you may be feeling a bit worn and jaded, I wrote How To Become a New Person.

And because you may be cynical, I wrote How to Let Nothing Come Between You and A Fulfilling Life.

And because you may be suffering from inertia, I wrote The Path to Change and 7 Keys to Changing Things Up.

And finally, because you may be low on ideas, I wrote Elections 2012 – Yes on Bath Crayons.

Yes, I truly believe a renewed sense of hope and excitement and determination is just an inspiration or idea away.

So cheers to kicking “woe me” in the pants.

To saying “I can” and “I will”.

Happy New Here!

Have a Meaningful, Fulfilling 2015!

(Or as Roberto Goizueta put it - "In order to show proper respect for your future, you must sometimes show some insensitivity to your past ")

3 comments:

Anita Saran said...

And Wish you a Great New Year too filled with inspiration, achievements and spiritual realisation Minoo! Speaking of insensitivity, I burned one of my paintings yesterday and warmed myself by the blaze. My paintings are huge and unweildy and no one will buy them as they're on wood not canvas and I painted these many years ago. I can't even turn them into bookshelves. So I photograph them and burn them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely post, Minoo.

Yummy ice-cream cones ooh!
Congratulations to Tanita!
I once again wish you both a Very Happy New Year!

Really it takes a lot of courage to be insensitive to our past...like burning one's own work as Anita Saran did.

As a school girl,I neither liked tea nor had the heart to throw away something given by my mother.
So, I would stand on the ramp at the veranda of the house and sway my hand with the tea cup to let it spill on its own and convinced myself that it was accidental (or justified the act).

A2 da pou-er ov 4

Minoo Jha said...

Two amazing responses to Roberto Guizeto's quote from Anita and A to the power of 4. They could be scenes from a movie. Anita....how very brave of you to be able to let go of your paintings in that way. A to the power of 4, I can just picture the scene of a young girl spilling her tea in the verandah. Thank you for these comments. I loved the vivid imagery. If I ever make a movie.....