Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spizella Arborea Strikes Again!


Dear Mr. Dick Costolo,

I haven’t heard a peep out of you (or should I say “tweet” out of you) since I sent you that letter asking you to stop using the word “tweet” for what humans do on Twitter.

I am compelled to remind you:

Cows moo.

Horses neigh.

Pigs grunt.

Cats meow.

Dogs bark.

Elephants trumpet.

Sheep bleat.

and

Birds tweet.

The bird kingdom would like to take back the word “tweet” from humans.

After sizing up Twitter and its content, I have come up with a perfectly good alternative you could use.

How about “treat”?

Please take this as a compliment about the outpourings of your 150 million active users.

I do think many of the messages on Twitter are real “treats”.

For example, these treats by Tim Siedell:

“Sometimes I just want to give it all up and become a handsome billionaire”

“Converted my Panic Room into a Consternation and Trepidation Harbor. Pretty much the same thing except I also keep my thesaurus in there.”

“128 stunning photos of famous bridges. There, I just wrote a coffee table book.”

“Having a very productive day coming up with snappy comebacks for arguments from five years ago.”

I have become one of Tim Siedell’s followers. I understand this is how one becomes a fan of someone's treats on Twitter. We don’t have this follower business in the bird kingdom and I think it’s pretty cool.

Let me know your thoughts on using “treats” instead of “tweets” ASAP.

Respectfully yours,
Spizella Arborea, V
(Sparrow)

P.S.  If a certain AAA starts "treating", let me know. It's sure to be pretty interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fweet.. fweet..[sweet cool] again Minoo/Desna!
How do you do it rey?!?!

A to the power of 4.

Anonymous said...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cYna8B7lkPk/TZZmKCb_2VI/AAAAAAAAALs/XIk8aGg6GOI/s1600/100_3587.JPG