Wednesday, April 4, 2012

5 Things To Do If You Are Bored


1.    Generate Your Name in Eskimo as I did in this post.  My Eskimo name is Desna. What’s yours?

2.    Do you like to pickle? People from Portland, Oregon love to pickle as well.  So much so, on we can pickle that  (a site related to the popular TV series Portlandia), you can pickle anything, even my blog.  I am not kidding.  Enter my blog’s URL – here it is  - http://minoojha-actionableideas.blogspot.com on the site to see my blog pickled.

3.    A Readers Digest article listed the 10 most irritating phrases in English.  My post Secrets of the Models In Our Family contains several of them.  See if you can spot them.  Check out how many you got right by going to this link after.

4.    Unscramble these words and find out what the sentence reads...


5.     Word Scramble
by Desna
fiel
essgittrea
fro
stoeh
ihwt
noe
ndah
bendhi
heirt
cbka

5. What’s that word?

a.    ____________The scientific name for the American Tree Sparrow – used by me in several posts about Twitter. The answer is here, here, here, here and here.
b.    ____________What I would call you if you were an expert at working virtually. The answer is here.
c.    ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­____________The name of the fictitious school I recommended people should go to if they want to develop a talent for commenting. The answer is here.

As always thanks for reading and wishing you an exciting day.

5 comments:

ajay said...

Brilliant,Minoo. A great piece!

Anonymous said...

Life Strategies - For those with one hand tied behind their back

Anonymous said...

Minoo,I couldn't stop myself from pasting this recipe which I saw just now...

Cuisine: Indian
Meal Type: Veg
Preparation Time: 1.5hr - 2 hr
Meal: For 8 - 10
Calorie Type: Medium

Ingredients:

1. 2 cups grated raw papaya
2. 11.2 cups jaggery (gur), crushed
3. 1 cup vinegar
4. 1tsp red chilli powder
5. 11.2 tsp salt
6. 20 sabut kali mirch (black peppercorns)
7. 1.4 cup chopped garlic
8. 1.4 cup green tulsi (Indian basil) leaves, chopped
9. A pinch of hing (asafoetida)

Method:

1. In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
2. Keep aside for about 3-4 hours.
3. Cook for about 5 minutes over a high flame and then for another 5-10 minutes over a low flame.
4. Mix well. Cool and store in an air-tight glass jar.
Source:
www.wonderwoman.in

PS:I had missed the post'Do you like to pickle?'.Read it today.

Anonymous said...

I think 11.2 cups is incorrect.
It should be 1 and a 1/2 cups.

Minoo Jha said...

I absolutely know I am going to love the taste of this papaya dish. As soon as I try it out, I will tell you what I think. Thanks for bringing it to my attention...yum!