Sunday, April 9, 2017

Maybe It's Time to Understand What Freedom Is...

Freedom is freedom from false ideas, gods, philosophies, and politics that keep you enslaved.

Freedom is freedom from unhealthy and unproductive routines that keep you from being all you can be.

Freedom is freedom from pointless protocols, pontifications and prognostications.

Freedom is freedom to act on ideas and inspirations.

Freedom is freedom to break out, break free and break through.

Freedom is freedom to speak your mind, and more importantly, to speak your heart and your truth.

Freedom is freedom from uncontrolled thoughts, words and impulses.

Freedom is freedom from irrational fears.

Freedom is freedom to craft your own unique life course.

Freedom is freedom from indiscipline and impatience.

I wish you all these freedoms and more.

When it comes to your investing, I wish you freedom from the 4 enemies of investing: sloth, ignorance, greed and fear.

When it comes to experiencing a life crisis that leads you to become depressed, I wish you freedom from the thought that “this will never end” and I hope reading this will give you hope.

When it comes to relationships, I wish you freedom from pointless thoughts and desires, and I hope you will read and act on the advice in this post.

I wish you freedom from the desire to acquire.  I hope you will create memories in your life, not clutter.

I wish you freedom from being tongue-tied.  Discover the magic that happens when you join Toastmasters.

I wish you freedom from feeling diminished by failures in your life. Failures are there to teach us no matter how much money, power, status, or charm we have, we cannot control every outcome.

I wish you freedom from an inner void caused by not feeling good enough.  You are good enough.  You were good enough before you had all you had.  You were good enough when you had all you had.  You are good enough today even with the loss of anything you had.

I wish you freedom from the insecurity of riches – from the sad situation of feeling more insecure and anxious, the more you have.  I urge you to get involved in something meaningful, or to take up a spiritual activity such as meditation.

I wish you freedom from linking your self-worth to your net worth, to what you do, what you own, or how fancy and expensive your possessions and experiences are. Instead, I urge you to link your self-worth to all that you bring to the world - as a spouse, as a parent, as a friend, as a neighbor, as a member of a family, group or community, as a team-member, as a citizen, above all, as a human being.

I wish you freedom from making foolish decisions when you are in unfamiliar terrain, whether that terrain is a sudden crisis, a new business environment, or sudden success or wealth.

I wish you freedom from being overwhelmed by your choices.  Educational choices, career choices, personal choices, life-stage choices.  Don’t get paralyzed by endless second-guessing. It will all work out.

I wish you freedom from hubris – the “do you know who I am syndrome”. Hubris makes us act in silly ways, often on incomplete information, resulting in even more humiliation.

I wish you freedom from the machinations of the subconscious.  The subconscious can keep you trapped in phobias, irrational fears and hates.

I wish you freedom from megalomania.  Megalomania means no one will tell you the truth.

I wish you freedom from narrow thinking.  Narrow thinking means you will see less of the picture; narrow thinking means you won’t be able to see your blind spots.

I wish you freedom from territorialism and bureaucracy.  Territorialism and bureaucracy kills motivation and blocks innovation.

I wish you freedom from thinking you have to be in an active/reactive mode all the time.  As Howard Marks and Charlie Munger say, if there are no ideas to act on, don’t take any action at all.

I wish you freedom from the vanities and complexities of wealth as brought out so well in this article by Nassim Taleb.

And finally, I wish you freedom from spiritual arrogance.  No matter what level of spiritual humility and control you have achieved, to think you will not have to wrestle with demons like disappointment, irritation, impatience, jealousy, envy, fear, desire, humiliation and greed, is both foolish and vain.

As always, thanks for sharing my Journey to Wisdom, Meaning and a Better Life,  and have a great day and week….M ……a Pearl Seeker like you

P.S. Just like you, I am trying to find my way out of this complicated maze we call life, and I am honored to have you share my journey.

Thanks  to Ajay for his compliments on my last post, and thanks to the rest of you for your likes, pins, shares, tweets and votes…..much appreciated.

Before I end this post, Happy Birthday to all those with April b’days.  Hope you use your birthday month to birth something new and wonderful in your life.

Posts to help you explore freedom and achieve freedom …

I Am A Good and Faithful Wife – I Deserve To Be LovedFreedom from false thoughts that keep you bound

How Many Times a Day Do You Visit Ireland? freedom from destructive tendencies 

Yoga For Investors - Freedom from the need to act/react – especially true in the area of managing money

If Life is So Good, How Come I Feel So Bad– Freedom from the belief that there is no hope

You Know About Wasabi.  How about Wabi Sabi? - Freedom from being owned by your possessions



The Element of Knowing We Are Perfect As We AreFreedom from thinking you are not good enough

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brilliantly constructed, Minoo, and superbly written, this is among you best posts ever! Hard-hitting and incisive, it goes right to the root of our very conscious and sub-conscious mind, identifying the shackles, both real and imaginary, which hold us back, thus preventing us from achieving a life-style optimisation, a performance optimisation! And as before, it contains timely links to other pertinent posts!
Well done and keep it up!
Ajay