Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Guide to Dealing With the Sheldon Coopers in Your Life - Particle 1


Available on Amazon


Q: How to Escape the Sheldon in your life...

A: You can’t
Sheldon: I'm sorry I'm late, but your companion left the most indecipherable invitation.
Leonard: What invitation?
Sheldon: Were going to the movies. What movie? What theater? What time? If you were trying to make it impossible to locate you, you couldn't have done a better job.
Leonard: Oh clearly, I could have.

Q: How to Get a Break from Sheldon for a few hours...

A: You can’t
Penny: Why don't you see a movie or something?
Sheldon: Alone?
Penny: Yeah, why not?
Sheldon: What if I choke on my popcorn, who will administer the Heimlich maneuver?
Penny: Well, then don't order popcorn.
Sheldon: No popcorn at the movies? Listen to yourself.

Q: How to Make the Sheldon in Your Life lighten up...

A: You can’t

Sheldon: That's where I sit.
Penny: What's the difference?
Sheldon: What's the difference? In the winter that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm, and yet not so close as to cause perspiration. In the summer, it's directly in the path of a cross-breeze created by opening windows there and there. It faces the television at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation, nor so far wide as to create a parallax distortion. I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Q: How to Make a Dear John call like Sheldon...

A: You can’t

Sheldon: [on the phone] This is Doctor Sheldon Cooper. Yeah, I need to cancel my membership to the Planetarium... Well I'm sorry too, but there's just no room for you in my wallet... Yeah, I understand, but it was between you and the Museum of Natural History, and frankly, you don't have dinosaurs... Well I'll miss you too. Bye bye.

Q: How to Be Subtle like Sheldon...

A: You can’t

Sheldon Cooper: Priya, if you're experiencing any tension or awkwardness, it may stem from the fact that Leonard and Penny used to, if I may quote Howard, "do the dance with no pants."

P.S. Hungry for more? Watch the Big Bang Theory on CBS  - Thursdays at 8 p.m.

P.S. 2: In my post Dear Diary - Jennifer Hudson edition, I expressed the wish that we should all make a resolution to lighten up in 2012.  Watching Big Bang Theory is a great way to do that. Also, don't forget to check back on this blog for Part 2 of this series - A Guide to Dealing With the Sheldon Coopers in Your Life - Particle 2

P.S. 3:  Indian viewers who are interested in shows with Indian content will love Big Bang Theory because it even has a Rajesh Koothrappali in the mix.

P.S. 4: As always, thanks for reading and hope your 2012 is filled with laughter and joy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ! Minoo,
starting from Laurel and Hardy,I Love Lucy,Three is Company,Mind Your Language,The Bold And The Beautiful,Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends and now Big Bang Theory and Outsourced are the favorite shows here...
Now a days I don't get to watch BBT and outsourced because of regional serials which are a 'must watch' with my family.
"Writing honestly is all I’ve got between me and you.The words are already a lie." says KaravanderBijl,the senior editor of 'This Recording'.
Anernerk/Aituserk.

ajay said...

Good Post that !
Keep it comin!

Minoo Jha said...

I always learn something new from Anernerk/Aituserk....had never heard of KarvanderBijl, the senior editor of This Recording, nor of This Recording itself. That's a great line by the way....."Writing honestly is all I’ve got between me and you.The words are already a lie." And Ajay....I knew you'd like that post! I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to Kara VanderBijl

http://karavanderbijl.com/post/1079492679/on-writing-honestly

A/A/A/A

Anonymous said...

I have often been known as the following in school documents and other official paperwork: Kara Vanderbile, Kara Vanderbilj, Kara Vanderbul. Correcting people, futile as it may be, follows a general course: please do remember that the “j” goes before the “l” and is silent; the “i” is long; the rest is pronounced exactly as it is spelled.

Minoo Jha said...

Ha Ha Ha....sorry Kara....for adding to the infinite number of ways your name is spelled...to be safe....using your first name only in this reply

Anonymous said...

Today I wonder why I stopped visiting Kara Vanderbilj....

Thank you for the post Minoo!

Aarathi.

PS:I'll be back soon.
Please keep this week's post ready.It is already Sunday 10:00 pm here..

Minoo Jha said...

A to the Power of 4. Thanks for reminding me that it was time to post. I had the post ready, but had got back to work. I am working this weekend. What would I do without you?