Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Element of Understanding It’s Never Too Early or Too Late To Do or Begin Something – Part 1


We go through life making assumptions.

One of the assumptions we make is that it’s too early or too late to do something.

Most times, this is simply not true.

It is never too early or too late to say sorry to someone.

It is never too early or too late to say I love you to those we love.

It is never too early or too late to give up bad habits that are destroying our lives, and everything we cherish in our life.

If we sit and think, it is never too early or too late to do most things.

And when we get around to doing those things, we wish we had done them earlier.

Getting Control of Our Anger

It is never too early or too late to give up an anger management problem.

I know from personal experience

I used to fly off the handle and get into a mindless rage at the slightest provocation, and do and say things I regretted.

But then I worked on myself, and I changed.

And it was not a day too soon for everyone around me.

You can read my posts How Many Times a Day Do You Visit Ireland? and The Path To Change to learn about my journey.  It may give you inspiration to start yours.

Becoming a Low Maintenance Person

It's never too early or too late to give up being aMy way or the highway ” kind of person.

My way or the highway people are easily put off when things don't go their way.

Who wants to be that?

Especially since so few things are truly in our control.

Take a tip, (or tips) from my post How to Become A Low Maintenance Person.  

Life is better when you are low maintenance.

Losing the Passive Aggressive

Passive-aggressive behavior counts as high maintenance too.

It is never too early or too late to give that up.


Stop the silent treatment.

Anger is uncool.

Outer calm, and inner anger, or inner misery, is uncool too.

Awakening Our Inner Jack LaLanne

It’s never too early or never too late to start looking after ourselves.

We each have a responsibility to awaken our inner Jack LaLanne.

My posts 4 Healthy Eating Ideas I Learned from My Friend Julia, Secrets of the Super Models – How Many Do You Know, Weight It’s Not Too Late and Raising the Bar offer several different ways to do that.

Or read Spartan Up by Joe De Sena, and sign up for one of his events.

Whatever works.

Pursuing Our Dreams

It's never too early or too late to pursue our dreams.

Don't second-guess yourself.

Read my post What's Next For You?

My cousin Vinitha's story will give you courage.

She gave up a high position and a well-established career to pursue her dream.

You can too.

Vinitha has a birthday this week.  Happy Birthday, Vinitha.

Taking Control of Our Finances

It is never too early or too late to start saving and investing.

You can learn as you go along. 

Some lessons will be easy.   

Some lessons will be hard

Eventually, you will settle down and discover the Yoga of Investing, and you will be able to sleep well at night.

That is the goal, isn't it?

Becoming a Confident Public Speaker

It is never too early or too late to improve your public speaking skills.   

If you join Toastmasters, your first thought will be “OMG - I wish I had done this earlier ”.

Toastmasters taught me to write better speeches and to deliver them more effectively. 

You can learn about some of the public speaking tips I picked up, from my posts Mmmmm….Good! and Illuminations on the Path to Zigging like Zig Ziglar.

Changing What Needs to Be Changed

It is never too early or too late to change something that needs to be changed.   

If you are profoundly unhappy with something, and too much time has passed without any improvement, go ahead and change what needs to be changed.   

An unhappy life is a wasted life. 

My post The Path To Change may help you take this step.

Steering Your Career

It is never too early or too late to take control of your career.

Reading Richard Bolles’s What Color Is Your Parachute? and doing the Flower Exercise helped me more than I could ever imagine.   


You may also want to read Resume Tips from Fortune 500 companies.

Whether you are starting out, or mid career, it’s never too early or too late to take control of your destiny.   

What Color is Your Parachute? led me to create my Dare to Share tool, a tool I’ve used successfully at several interviews.

I look in my crystal ball and see you creating your own tool too.

Showing Our Initiative

It is never too early or too late to take the initiative.   

As a Commissions Consultant, I have been able to observe people advance by taking the initiative.   

Why not you? 

I hope my post The Element of Taking the Initiative will give you ideas on how you can show initiative.

Being Who You Are 

It is never too early or too late to be you are. 

You are an original and you don't have to be like everybody else.   

My post The Element of Knowing We are Perfect as We Are encourages you to remember that.

Looking On the Bright Side 

It’s never too early or too late to be cheerful and to look on the bright side.   

It may take some imagination.

Meditation helps and will bring a bounty of benefits.

I can testify to that.

Putting a Smile On Someone's Face

Finally, it is never too early or too late to put a smile on someone's face.

Making others happy can give our lives meaning and satisfaction.

Get inspired to change someone's future.


As always thanks for reading and have a great day and week......M…….a Pearl Seeker like you. Thanks to Ajay for his comments, and thanks to the rest of you for your pins and votes.  Much appreciated!

P.S.  If you liked this post, do come back for Part 2 next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its never too late to be transformed by Minoo's blogs from a negative or a status-quo person, into a positive, high achiever. An invaluable post, with invaluable links to all Minoo's previous posts on the sub-topics under discussion in that Para. Brilliant and superbly written...keep it up, Minoo!!!!