Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Element of Understanding It’s Never Too Early or Too Late To Begin Something Or Do Something - Part 2



We go through life making assumptions.

One of the assumptions we make is that it’s too early or too late to do something.

Most times, this is not true.

Is it ever too early or too late to make amends?

Is it ever too early or too late to say hello to someone we have not been in touch with?

Is it ever too early or too late to start afresh?

If we sit and think, it is never too early or too late to do  most things.

It is never too early or too late to share our thoughts with somebody.

My post The Element of The Element of Sharing Our Thoughts and Its Hope for Benefiting From Each Other’s Knowledge, Ideas, Experience and Wisdom illustrates some of the ways in which we can help each other by sharing our thoughts.

It’s never too early or too late to explore our creative side.

My posts Lightning Bolts, Letter Dropping, Elections 2012 - Yes on Bath Crayons, Panning for Gold and The Carpinteria Times might help you invoke the creativity that lies inside you.

It’s never too early or too late to start being less stressed.  Being less stressed is a combination of taking good care of yourself, becoming a low maintenance person and finding your calm center.  I have written posts dedicated to all 3 aspects and you can read them here, here and here.

It’s never too early or too late to simplify your life.  Simplifying your life may involve different things.  My posts The Simple Life and You Have Heard About Wesabi.  How About Wabi Sabi? may help you come up with some ideas.

Sometimes, simplifying your life may be as simple as changing your approach.  When I changed from my Tiger Mom and Helicopter Mom approach to a more relaxed parenting approach, life with my teen became simpler and more enjoyable.  I put frustration behind me. You can read all about it in my post It’s Called Motherhood 2.

It’s never too early or too late to acknowledge a debt.  In several posts, including My United States of Friendship series of posts, and posts such as Steve Jobs - a Personal Tribute, I have tried to acknowledge the people I am indebted to and am grateful to. If you want to check out a few of these posts, you can do so here, here and here.

It’s never too early or too late to celebrate the unique shared experiences that come from being part of a unique family and culture.  I have tried to do this in several posts, including Family Songs and My Cake Boss FamilyThe Porki and Bonkers Tradition, and The Mangalorean and the Big Words.

It’s never too early or too late to celebrate a milestone.  When I reached my 100th post, I went all out and wrote a five part series of posts to celebrate that milestone.  What milestones are coming up in your life?  Do you need inspiration?  Check out what I did to celebrate my 100th post here, here and here.

It’s never too early or too late to tell your story.  Each one of us has a unique story (or stories) shaped by our unique background and our unique experiences and our unique personality and our unique interests.  It is fun to read other people’s stories, like this story about Ajay’s Short Stint in Advertising, or this story about Cindy going on her first flight with her Papa, or this story about Anita's pets, or this story about Jacinta's Facebook face-off with her son, or this story about John's Day at the Beach, or this story about one of my youthful escapades.

Speaking of escapades, it’s never too early or too late to learn to laugh at life.  The more you are able to laugh at life, and especially at your own failures, foibles and mistakes, the more psychological health you will enjoy.  I used to feel more low than high when I was younger.  In fact, I even suffered a clinical depression, as I shared in my post If Life Is So Good, Why Do I Feel So Sad? But I learned to laugh at life more and more as I got older, and I learned to laugh even more after I learned to meditate. Nowadays, I find everything and anything funny. Which explains the following posts: 

How to Cause Atmost Confusion at the Scripps Spelling Bee

How to Go From Madonna to Lilly to Myrtle in 3 Minutes or Less And Even Have A Sex Change 

OMG, You've Been Acked!

Dear Dick Costolo

If your tastes in humor are a bit more elevated than reading about a bird protest Twitter's use of the verbtweet for what humans do on Twitter, hopefully you will enjoy my 5 part series How To Deal With The Sheldon Coopers in Your Life

One way or another, I want to make you laugh, because laughter is the best medicine. It's the best medicine I take anyway.

What does having or not having a sense of humor say about us? 

Do personality traits matter?

You know, it’s never too early or too late to learn about human psychology.

If we do, we will learn what to say and what not to say to people, and what to do to make people change, even change ourselves.

Often change is just a puzzle to be solved.

In my post The Element of Seeing All Problems as Puzzles and Its Hope for becoming Master Solvers, I told you about how 2 experienced NLP practitioners solved the puzzle of getting someone to understand he was not Jesus Christ.

Yes, human psychology is a puzzle to be solved.

I have dabbled in human psychology in many posts, including What Your Starbucks Drink Says About You and Which Household Object Best Symbolizes You?

It’s never too early or too late to start seeing all problems as puzzles and become a master solver.

For that, you have to be a lifelong learner.

You must be willing to learn to do new things and to learn about new things.

I became a Commissions Analyst by learning everything from scratch, starting with Excel. 

To keep up with being an Analyst, I have had to learn Centive and Xactly and Varicent. 

Yes, whatever the field, we have to be lifelong learners.

P.S. If you want to know what a Commissions Analyst does, my post My Day Job Xactly More Or Less, will tell you.

Learning something you never thought you could learn is very satisfying.

Before I came to America, I did not know how to drive and I did not know how to cook.

Learning those 2 things was extremely satisfying to me.

In fact, they changed my life.

Thanks to being able to drive, I can achieve much more in a day than I would have, had I not been able to drive.

And being able to cook, enables me not just to understand what I am eating, but cooking is also an outlet for my creativity.

I have regular ‘cooking epiphanies’, such as my avocado pani puri epiphany, which I told you about in my post The Element of Constraints and Its Hope for Focused Creativity.

More recently, I learned how to do my taxes myself.

Until I learned to do my taxes, everything related to the IRS was Greek to me – filing status, W2s, W4s, allowances, withholdings, 1040As, standard vs itemized deductions - it was all Greek to me.

After I learned to do my taxes, which I talked about in 4 Decisions Which I Wish I Had Made Earlier, it now all makes sense, which is why I say to every person I meet - it is never too early or too late to understand how your taxes work.

It is never too early or too late to learn something new about the world in which we live.

The value of learning something new doesn’t have to be measured by its impact on the quality of our physical lives.

Our intellectual horizons expand when we learn something new.

And that is just as important.

The fact is we are intellectual beings, as much as we are physical beings, or emotional beings, or spiritual beings.

I enjoy learning something new about the world in which I live.

Soon after I started this blog, I started getting a regular visitor to my blog from Estonia.

I had never heard of Estonia (shame on you Minoo), but when I saw this reader from Estonia visit my blog week after week, I became curious about Estonia.

So I googled Estonia, and discovered a whole lot of fascinating facts about the country. 

One of the facts I discovered about Estonia was about the Singing Revolution.  One day I will write a post about The Singing Revolution of Estonia and publish it on my blog, because it is just as fascinating as Mahatma Gandhi’s non-violence movement.

Since we are counting down to 2015, before I end this post, I would like to add that it’s never too early or too late to use the lessons we learned in 2014 to make at least one positive change in 2015.

I hope my post The Path to Change leads you to that one positive change. Yeah!

As always thanks for reading and have a great day and week. M…….a Pearl Seeker like you. Thanks to Ajay for his comments, and thanks to the rest of you for your pins and votes.  Much appreciated!  P.S.  Liked this post?  Do come back for Part 3 next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A relentless crusade from the talented desk of Minoo to make us finer and better human beings, to draw out the best in us, to reach the very zenith of our potential! Keep it up, Minoo for your superbly written, and hugely inspiring blogs....looking forward to your blog on Estonia!