Sunday, February 4, 2018

20 Questions To Ask Yourself About January

Use the Gift of Self-Reflection to look at your experiences and challenges of January. Ask yourself 20 questions. Use the answers to the 20 questions as guidance on what to do in February.
Do it now for January.
Then do it again for February, when February ends.
Then do it again for March, when March ends.
Then do it again for April, when April ends.
Then do it again for May, when May ends.
Then do it again for June, when June ends.
Then do it again for July, when July ends.
Then do it again for August, when August ends.
Then do it again for September, when September ends.
Then do it again for October, when October ends.
Then do it again for November, when November ends.
Then do it again for December, when December ends.
Use your answers each month as guidance for the next month.
Go back and look at your previous months’ answers as you go along.
When you have finished, you will have a wonderful record of your journey in 2018.
And you can be sure you gave every single month (and what happened in each of those months), your full attention.
Happy Super Bowl weekend!
Here are the 20 questions for when you are ready…
 1.  What are the things that happened to me in January?


2.  What was my response to what happened to me in January?


3.  What did I learn about myself based on my response?

4.  Did something happen to someone I know in January?


5.  Which was worse - what happened to me, or what happened to that other person, or those other people?


6.  Why was it worse?


7.  Did I learn anything from my own experiences in January? What did I learn?


8.  Did I learn anything new in January – which was not connected specifically to an experience? What did I learn?


9.  What are some of the things I achieved in January?

10.  Were any breakthroughs?


11.  Why do I think they are breakthroughs?


12.  What did I do that was different or new in January?

13.  What did I read, watch, or listen to in January?

14.  What did I take away from what I read, watched, or listened to?


15.  What did I apply in my life based on what I read, watched or listened to?

16.  Who did I meet in January?


17.  What did I do with the people I met in January?


18.  What did I learn from the people I met?


19.  Did I approach anything in January in a way which I would like to do different in February?

20.  Last but not least….how can I build on what I achieved in January, and work on what didn’t go so well in January?

I hope these 20 questions will put you on the path to meaningful self-inquiry and well-thought out decisions and actions.  Let me know how it goes.....thanks. 

Acknowledgements:

Thanks for the feedback, (comments, likes, shares) on some of my recent posts. I appreciate the affirmations that I am on the right track from old friends and new, old relatives and new. You keep me going.

NEXT, Thanks to all readers, current and future, for sharing my Journey to Wisdom, Meaning and a Better Life.  Like you, I am trying to find my way through this complex maze we call life, and I am honored to have you share my journey, as I continue to seek the wisdom hidden in plain sight.

FINALLY, A Happy Birthday shout-out: to those with February birthdays. Hope you use your birthday month to make the gift of self reflection work for you. It takes inner work to change your outer circumstances. The 20 questions are designed to help you do that inner work. I am rooting for you.

P.S. A selection of my prior posts is below. You don’t have to read any of them.  Your focus should be on your 20 questions. I hope you get going on them. If you have a partner or friend, you can do the questions with them.  That will make it more interesting, and bring up things you may not have thought of. Just an idea. Happy answeringJ

Friendships
The United States of Friendship – Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4Part 5Part 6,Part 7Part 8Part 9Part 10Part 11Part 12
Family
Pets
Nature
Hobbies
Managing Your Money
Simplifying Your Life
Getting Over Your Self-Consciousness
Learning to Laugh
Learning to Relax
Health
Changing in Good Ways

Maybe Its Time To Become More Receptive, Maybe It’s Time To Live More Purposefully, Maybe It’s Time To Bust Some Myths, Maybe It’s Time to Walk In The Direction Of Your Fears, Maybe It’s Time To Understand What Freedom Is, Maybe It’s Time To Turn the Page, Maybe It’s Time To Rock The World, Maybe It’s Time For Freshness

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent ... Gonna try this Minoo,,, thanks

Unknown said...

Old habits do tend to die hard! Objective thinking and self-analysis is the way forward Minoo, to prevent us repeating the same mistakes again and again.For that, we do need an open and inquisitive mind.Extremely thought-provoking post, and brilliant, as usual!
Ajay